Sunday, July 8, 2007

Summarizing the New Testament


The game kept up like this for an hour. People dragging shit up to me and asking me to do something to it and all the while me pretending to be Jesus and not acting normal. Then they started asking me stupid ass questions like, “Where do your powers come from?” From the fucking system, I wanted to say. But people freak out when you don’t play along with the rules of their environment, so I just acted like it was God or whatever they believed in and kept going. By the second hour I seriously I wanted to blow some of these morons up. But it would’ve just created more trouble for me. I was getting sick of all the dumb shit they were asking me so I tried to fix their whole approach to playing the game. But after a while, the ungrateful bastards started getting pissy because I was going around fixing things in the program like buildings or the exchange rate. “Look, you can’t just keep trading out your currency for the one that’s more valuable. You need to improve the value of your own…OH FOR FUCK’S SAKE!” I yelled before smashing the bank shop with my powers. Just when I was about to announce that I was logging off, which I’d been warning them for the past thirty minutes, the ungrateful fuckers flipped out and killed me. The whole thing was goddamn outrageous. But that’s their game and apparently that’s what they do to every Jesus that logs in. Now that I’d fulfilled my obligations of being their martyr for a period I could sign in and play any of the games I wanted. But it still just wasn’t the same as ‘World of Realcraft’. I’d rather be a top ranking Paladin than a Christ-Figure. Dithers unplugged.

No comments: