Sunday, July 8, 2007

Preposition to a Question


Shock was the first thing I felt, then a slow roaring that seemed mute at first but slowly found voice. Five weeks I’d been waiting to go back to my Paladin life. Five weeks I’d sat in my apartment, sat around strangers, and waited for it all to end so I could just go back. Five weeks outside of your home is just long enough to get a good look at the outside. “FUCK YOU! Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. Bring it back! Make it come back damnit! I don’t fucking want to be anybody else. I just want to be me again!” I screamed. Winterfresh sighed in a way that almost seemed patient and held up his hands. “Dithers…haven’t you realized yet? This had to happen. You had to go outside the game before you could come back,” Winterfresh said. “Fuck you, I can’t even tell the difference between waltzing around in the game and waltzing around in the outside world. So what does it fucking matter? Just let me back and cut all this crap out, okay? Okay?,” I yelled. I would’ve punched Winterfresh in the face if he had been real. “Why? Why punish me? Why kick me out of the game for some silly errors that a simple reprimand could’ve fixed? Why take it away?” I asked. The question had turned into a rant and Winterfresh simply sighed again. The bastard didn’t even need to breathe oxygen. He looked back out over the wild foggy land and my gaze followed his. One step, two steps. He began to descend down a path that I had not noticed before because of the clouds around us. “C’mon, c’mon. The best way to explain is to show you. And yes, you’ll get your answers. Relax Dithers, we’re going to find you something new. This is just the chatty part,” Winterfresh chided as he descended. I followed him down the path that descended into the unseen parts of the scenery.

No comments: