Sunday, July 8, 2007

Healing the Sick


It was as if the entire Universe had become a giant question mark instead of a period. All of the atoms and links of matter were under my command. It was basically like programming within a simutronic system. I yawned and picked up a rock with my mind, did some cartwheels without touching the ground, and tried to figure out what the big deal about all this was. I had been expecting a sermon or something, which people did in simulated churches sometimes, but this was supposed to be a game. Warning, Game Commencing. Repeat, Game Commencing. The system uploaded and suddenly I was in a sandy town of adobe houses and sparsely potted plants. The sun was blinding at first, but then I just dimmed it with my mind. For some reason I’d always pictured the towns in the Bible to be nothing but desert but this wasn’t nearly as brown. There were potted plants everywhere and dozens of computer controlled background characters walking around. I still had the user-programmer abilities, probably the designer’s idea of describing Jesus as ‘God’s Programmer’. I saw the Dwight Brothers walking up to me and waved, but they couldn’t return the gesture because they were carrying something in their arms. “Please teacher, heal this man!” they begged. “Hey Guys, what’s this about? Am I the only one who can resurrect people in this game?” I asked. They shot me a ‘stay in character’ look, and started bowing to me. A sinking feeling was setting in as I realized the answer to my own question.

No comments: