Sunday, July 8, 2007

Offer Refused


“Personally, I’ve worked here all my life. Brian tumor, when I was twelve, made it so I can’t use simutronics without having a seizure,” Mark continued. Dithers was sputtering at his first drag on a real cigarette, despite having smoked numerous pipes in ‘World of Realcraft’. “Bought into this place after getting sick of sitting by myself. Business was about to bust entirely, just like it had in every other part of the city, when people started trickling in. At first they just sat around, acted like you did when you first came in, and bitched about getting kicked out of their lives. Then they got used to it and they started becoming my regulars. This coupon thing is a new one though, not sure why the A.I.’s started buying them but it’s good for business. A couple of other places have opened up to cater to banned gamers but those coupons make sure they come my way,” Mark was doing all the talking now. Dithers was slowly turning a peculiar shade of whitish green. The combination of cigarette smoke, real food, and very real alcohol was more of a shock than his stomach could bear. He began fumbling with his wallet to pay the bill so he could find someplace quiet to puke. Mark the bartender was still staring off into space, talking. “Listen, we all hang out here, if you want to come by more often. Let me give you this car- Oh, whoa. First time you haven’t eaten one of those bar things for a meal in a while, huh? Hey, DON’T FORGET TO DRINK WATER!” Mark called as Dithers left the money on the counter and ran outside to puke.

No comments: