Sunday, July 8, 2007

Designer Look


Winterfresh had made himself 6’3 and vaguely resembled what I imagine people will look like after another hundred years of evolution. His body in the digital world had been personally designed as well, a fashion artist with a French sounding name that wasn’t French at all. “So let’s see, violation 244634…games? You were playing games on the job?” I mutely nodded my head, making eye contact only because I knew the A.I. didn’t really have eyes. Winterfresh sighed and went to look out the window. I caught myself wondering if he was doing it to instill fear in me or that he was actually watching the epic storm unfolding outside the window. “You know Dithers, I think of all the humans that work for me here at the I.S.F. as pets. I mean that, you’re all very important to me,” Winterfresh said. I didn’t really mind this since I’ve had human bosses call me worse things. “Which is why I am not going to fire you. I’m going to punish you. You’re playing ‘World of Realcraft’, correct? Lets see, the A.I. that runs Ice-Hazard Games is an associate of mine. I’m going to arrange for your account to be banned for…six weeks? Yes, that should be enough time to make you think about this nonsense. It’s not a game when it’s affecting your life, now is it?”

No comments: